The Independent’s popular IndyBest segment recently road tested mops to find what it considers the best on the market for a range of tasks.
Testing took place every day for a month in a family home, as well as with professional cleaners. Testers were looking for a range of criteria, including how easy they are to store, how well they got different types of mess cleaned up, and how easy they were to clean themselves.
Extra points were awarded for those which minimised wasted water and were therefore more eco-friendly.
The final list is as follows:
- Best overall floor mop – Leifheit clean twist disc mop – “We were thoroughly impressed with the clean this mop gave, as was our professional tester.”
- Best mop for hardwood floors – Bona premium wood floor spray mop – “The Bona is clearly very well made and feels pretty heavy duty.”
- Best mop and bucket for small places – Beldray flat head mop and bucket set – “Beldray have created the answer to those with scant storage, but who love a mop and bucket combo.”
- Best spray floor mop – Oxo good grips microfibre spray mop – “We found this spray mop to be a good versatile option.”
- Best budget floor mop – Kleeneze spray mop – “We found that this all-rounder meant we could ditch every other mop in our house.”
- Best electric floor mop – Bissel spinwave floor mop – “This is the Rolls Royce of floor mops.”
- Best floor mop for simplicity – Lakeland hard floor spray mop – “The rectangular pad is easy to swivel into corners, around obstacles and under furniture.”
- Best floor mop for quick drying – Spontex full action system mop and bucket – “This mop is so much fun. Admittedly the novelty wears off, but it also makes speedy work of cleaning floors.”
To read the full article, CLICK HERE.