Job Description: National Account Manager
Reporting to: Head of National Accounts
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Purpose: To manage a portfolio of well-known High-Street retailers, experiencing new routes to the consumer market. The ideal candidate will be results driven, have great commercial awareness and be a confident relationship builder.
- Supporting the Head of Sales and Managing Director, UK on developing sales
- To manage a customer account base including at least one of the Top 4 Grocery accounts with regular contact to build strong relationships and repeated business
- Customer centric focus to identify opportunities, build and translate activity into measurable and deliverable plans
- Operational decisions allowing general day to day momentum to be maintained
- Account communication (Internal & External)
- Managing presentations and records for sales
- Development of Annual account plans, JBP, implementing aligned to business strategy
- Proficient in forecasting, analysing customer sales data and market trends to identify opportunities
- Competitor insights and market intel
- Existing and New Business Development including Promotion planning and major launches
- Liaise with NPD department to innovate new ideas to maximise new market opportunities.
- Full P&L responsibilities
- Negotiation of annual terms and investment
- Management of Trade Investment within Budget
- Working at trade shows (UK & Europe), necessary customer visits and store visits
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential
- An impeccable attention to detail and well organised
- Will take accountability for their actions and personal development
- A flair for creativity & sales
- A positive nature and a proactive approach
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good level of MS Office, Excellent presentation, and IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- At least 3 years’ experience in FMCG account management. Applicants with Houseware experience preferred however SDA, Consumer Electronics and Toys background also considered.
- Experience combining Ecom and DTC experience is an advantage.
- Previous roles include: National Account Executive, Key/Retail Account Manager, FMCG Account Manager, National Account Manager
- Compulsory office attendance of at least two days per calendar month (to be discussed on home location)
Company Values and Behaviours:
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers, through Innovation, Sustainability and Passion. We’re fresh in our thinking and we constantly look to find new ways to transform.
Adding new and exciting talent to the Group is key to our continued success. Our people are our biggest asset, and we encourage fresh, creative thinking to drive our innovative outlook. We all strive to create an ethos in which initiative and great ideas can get ahead.
- Respect Having due regard for something or someone
- Trust Having belief in our people, our products, and processes
- Courage Being determined to do the right thing
- Responsibility Being accountable
- Teamwork A culture of sharing and supporting