An integral role within the business, the UK Quality Manager will ensure all KC branded and customer own brand products are fit for purpose, meet the global requirements of acceptable quality, are safe, consistent, meet legal compliance, meets or exceeds both internal and external requirements and meets or exceeds customers’ expectations.
Be responsible for leading a team to plan, direct and coordinate quality assurance programs and formulate quality control procedures and policies, working to improve our business efficiency and profitability by reducing waste.
The UK Quality Manager will be the focal point to provide the business with technical support and quality advice.
- Ensure all our products meet and exceed any relevant legislation and testing regimes.
- Ensure product testing is performed to standard and technical documentation completed as required.
- Produce, always and distribute product performance data analysis and reporting
- Take responsibility for due diligence, risk assessment and compliance – Product and Packaging
- Lead the company’s approach to Ethical sourcing with managing and monitoring ethical and technical factory compliance
- Ensure the company is compliant to all relevant legislation.
- Manage customer support – from complaint to resolution to future proofing
- Liaise with other departments throughout the company to ensure quality management systems are implemented and functioning correctly
- Lead a team to achieve company goals and standards
- Relevant technical and quality accreditation and qualifications.
- 5 years experience in managing and leading teams.
- Previous experience of working within the retail and FMCG sector
- Experience of working with a large global supplier base
- Experience of working within a New Product Development Process
- Experience of working closely with factories and suppliers at varying stages to ensure quality procedures are consistent and are implemented and enforced
- Experience of working directly with third party factories and suppliers to ensure full understanding of national and international standards as well as adhering to internal and external requirements
TEHNICAL / FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to forge relationships internally (with a variety of team members) and externally (with suppliers and customers)
- An analytical approach toward complaint investigation and subsequent resolution and problem solving
- Highly motivated working as an individual and within a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and adapt
- Ability to prioritise own work load
- Highly efficient and organised with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong and technically minded
- Pro-active and analytical approach to work
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work to key deadlines, both internally (in the QA department) and within the wider New Product Development process
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- An understanding of global test standards and regulations specifically for consumer hardgoods
- An understanding of the global retail, specifically an understanding of mulitple quality and technical requirements
- Experience of working with web based customer database, online portals and/ or online specification systems
- Experience of using the SEDEX (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange) system
- Strength of character to be able to implement policy, procedure and change
- The ability to mentor and train members of their team
- The ability to be at the forefront of regulation amendments and changes
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Faulty goods customer credit percentages Year on Year
- Transit damaged customer credit percentages Year on Year
- Critical path management for New Product Development
- QA budget management Year on Year
- New Product Development teams
- Lifetime Brands China office
- Lifetime Brands U.S office
- Numerous suppliers and factories worldwide
- Technical teams at high-profile retailers
- Third party testing companies
- Third party auditing companies
- Third party inspection companies
- Multi-channel Sales teams
- Multi-channel customers and distributors
- Warehouse logistic teams
- ISO 9001 involvement
- Industry experience with housewares and especially cook and dine
- Previous experience and competency with working with SAP
- An understanding of test standards and regulations for all EMEA territories specifically for consumer hardgoods
- Experience in driving sustainability change within a supply chain