Rainy Day Trust ceo, Bryan Clover said for many of the charity’s clients, the charity’s Christmas card is the only one they will receive, and the hampers really do make a difference.
Bryan said: “Following what has been a difficult year for so many, just keeping the heating on is going to be a challenge. Food price inflation is well ahead of the CPIX and RPI as well, adding yet more pressure onto family budgets. It is not an exaggeration to say that without our help and support an awful lot of people will go cold and hungry this year.
“We are asking you and your businesses to support our Christmas appeal, helping us to help others. There are a number of ways you can help – from supporting the appeal directly to running a reverse advent calendar day. Also as a special offer for the housewares industry, hand-painted personalised Christmas cards.
“This Christmas is going to be tough for far more people than before and the pressure on our funds is increasing daily. We are the safety net that keeps so many going, so if you and your business can help us then please support our Christmas appeal for 2022.”
The Rainy Day Trust has suggested a number of ways the industry can help:
- Join RDT and run your own Christmas Jumper Day – everyone at work wears a festive jumper on the day and donates £1 for the privilege.
- Support the Christmas appeal directly, sponsoring one or more hampers. Each one costs RDT £50. You can follow the link to the charity’s Just Giving page HERE or make a donation by BACS to: Rainy Day Trust (Sort code: 40-52-40, Account no: 00030409)
- How about a Reverse Advent Calendar? Donate an item of stock to RDT for each of the 24 days of an advent calendar. The charity will sell the stock on to raise much-needed funds.
- As a business or individual, don’t send Christmas cards this year and send RDT a donation instead. Or if you are sending cards, then order some of Rainy Day Trust’s hand-painted Christmas cards to send out – £2.50 each, all unique (and created by RDT’s very own Bryan Clover.)
- How about a Christmas Cookie Bake Off? Encourage staff to bake Christmas cookies, and then sell them to family and friends.
To contact the Charity for support, call 0800 915 4627 or email via the RDT website www.rainydaytrust.org.uk/contact-us
To organise for Bryan or Roz at RDT to come and talk to staff, or to discuss partnerships email@example.com call 07939 541289